I would say the PasadenaDaisy household (me, Daisy and Mr. PasadenaDaisy) are a pretty laid back crew. However, there are a few things we take seriously and one of them is cocktail hour. One of our favorite things is to catch up with each other while enjoying a delicious cocktail at the end of a long day. As the days get warmer, my thoughts turn to fresh, delicious, brightly colored drinks with umbrellas, fruit garnishes, cute straws, etc. This strawberry lemon lime vodka fizzy is a perfect choice.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 batch strawberry simple syrup
- 48 oz (6 cups) water
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberry Lemon Limeade
- Sparking water to top
- Combine sugar, water and strawberries in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain strawberries from liquid. Do not press strawberries as this will make your simple syrup cloudy. Let cool before using.
- Combine juices, water and strawberry simple syrup.
- Stir gently to combine.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka and strawberry lemon limeade. Add ice and shake. Strain into an ice-filled tall glass. Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with strawberries, lemons, limes or basil.
I actually came up with this recipe because I had had extra lemons and strawberries that were about to go bad so I made my husband some fresh strawberry lemonade for a picnic on the beach. It was very refreshing and of course he loved it. If you think like I do, I figured the only way to improve it was to add vodka. I added the sparkling water topper to the cocktail because it cuts the sweetness. It’s a personal preference, but it’s so refreshing to have a sparkling cocktail when it’s so hot out don’t you agree?
Good news – you can make this recipe ahead of time and in large batches which makes it perfect for summer parties and large barbecues. If you have kids or would like to omit the vodka, this makes a very delicious, refreshing summer beverage on it’s own.
I hope you enjoy the latest creation from the PasadenaDaisy Cocktail Lounge. As always, don’t be stupid and drink and drive or consume so much of this fizzy cocktail that you are dancing on your in-laws outdoor patio furniture. Wait, I’ll leave the second half of that decision to you! Just make sure the furniture is sturdy before you start dancing (trust me, it’s good advice).