I am typically a wine girl but let’s face it, sometimes a girl just needs a good cocktail. When I do have a cocktail in the summer, it tends to be a margarita. And why not? They are classic, dependable and delicious! However, I was looking for a change, perhaps a twist to my old summer cocktail standby. The hot summer months are the perfect time to experiment and try something new. So I did what had to be done. I got my cocktail shaker out and I tried something new. Okay, so this Hot Pants tequila cocktail recipe isn’t drastically different than a margarita. However, it is just different enough to put a refreshing twist on a classic. I think the grapefruit juice and the mint are perfect for summer.
- 1 1/2 ounce white tequila
- 1/2 ounce liqueur of choice
- 1 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 tsp superfine (caster) sugar
- Shake all the ingredients together with ice and pour into an ice filled glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- You may use any type of flavored liqueur you like. I used Grand Marnier which is an orange flavor liqueur often used to make a Cadillac margarita. However, you should feel free to experiment with any flavor you like.
- It's important that you use the superfine sugar for this recipe. Regular granulated sugar does not dissolve or mix as well into the cocktail.