It’s summer and you are in the mood to entertain. Perhaps you are hosting a girls night or a dinner party. Maybe the neighbors are dropping in for a cocktail after work? Either way, you should be party ready at all times (at least that is our mantra). Part of being party ready is having a solid go to cocktail recipe in your repertoire. Anyone can open a bottle of wine or crack open a beer for their guests. Sure, it will get the job done but there isn’t anything special or glamorous about it is there? Adding a bit of glamor and your special touch does not take much more effort, so why not serve your guests your signature cocktail? Don’t have a signature cocktail you say? Well, don’t fret, I’ve done the work for you.
This drink is a delicious and refreshing iced vodka cocktail with cucumber, lemon and mint. It’s perfect for the summer months utilizing fresh summer ingredients. It’s great for a party because it can be made ahead and makes a large quantity. This keeps you mingling with your guests instead of making individual drinks for everyone at your party all night. Serve it at a pool party or brunch. It would be delicious at a dinner party with appetizers or on a hot afternoon after some power shopping. Either way, it’s a great way to cool down and refresh this summer while impressing your guests.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 small cucumber sliced
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Mix sugar, mint, and lemon slices in pitcher, mashing slightly with back of spoon.
- Mix in cucumber. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, vodka and 1/2 cup water; stir to dissolve sugar. Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Mix in ice and serve.
- If you would like to add a little sparkle, pour into a highball glass and top with a little club soda.